Sunday, November 16, 2008

Dancin' Machines























Yeah that's right. After a summer of not much dancing Kaisara & I have both jumped in with both feet. We started a West Coast series on Thursday nights where we've been taking the beginning (mostly a review) and the intermediate (holy cow that's some new territory!) classes. Most weeks we've even been staying for the dance afterwards just to cement our new moves into our little brains.

Two Saturdays ago we took a beginning Lindy Hop intensive course that was over 3 hours of class. It was a blast! We were totally tuckered by the end of it but we learned alot. Not many new moves but how to do them better & all the more important how to link them together. It was great!

I think we're going to be brave & try the intermediate Lindy class this Tuesday. Hopefully our toes (and egos) won't be too bruised after that experience.

In these last few dance filled weeks I've learned something about myself as far as dancing goes....I'm not very good. I can do coreography & be where you want me on what count you want me there. But social dancing? Not so good. Poor Kaisara has to lead me with an iron fist. He practically has to shove me around (& I've almost eaten it a time or two). But I'm learning to read his lead & he's learning to lead. So that's good.

The best part is we sure are laughing alot. Sometimes at each other. Sometimes at "us" being total goof balls. I think the teachers get a kick out of us and we really try not to be too disruptive but come on people, we're supposed to be having fun! Most of our classmates are so stoic & serious. I've been wearin' one of the most stoics down though. He's smiling now!

So we're having fun. We're learning alot. We don't look like much other than a couple having a great time with one another while trying not to fall down or knock each other out.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Um, can I use your last sentence someday in my wedding, because seriously, I think that's what I want out of a marriage. :)

melissa said...

It sounds like a blast. Geoff and I did a dance class before we got married, but we weren't really into it. I took a swing dance class at UCI, but Geoff had no desire to do that.

I love to hear about couples doing fun stuff together. It's inspiring. You two keep shaking your groove things. :)

Flame Lilly said...

You both are inspiring!! i'd LOVE for Steve and I take a dance class!!!
Thats awesome!!
S:)