Sunday, October 14, 2007

Guess What I Got Two More Of

Yep! godchildren. My first goddaughter & my third godson! Cool, huh?

Cat & Randy asked Kaisara & me if we would consider being their kids godparents. Like with Geoff & Melissa, after asking what that meant to them, we gladly accepted the honor. Abby & Alex were baptized this morning & we were able to be a part of that. Baptism & godparent-ness is are things I take very seriously. Biblicaly, I believe that baptism is not required for, nor does it grant salvation but it's still a huge thing. I get goose bumps at baptisms. I get goose bumps & a little scared being asked to godparent a child. I'm accepting some responsibility for their spiritual well being. Wow, that's huge.

I hope I do my precious godchildren the service that I've promised them, their parents & my Creator that I would do & that I would do it with love and grace.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Congratulations. They made an excellent choice. You two are great godparents.

Sure hope the boys get to spend time with you again soon.

Flame Lilly said...

Congratulations!! How fun! We had baby dedications at our church yesterday and in the prayer for the one little baby, Christian, our pastor kept saying bless "her" and may "she" etc...
I was watching the mom who could not stop shaking from laughing! He felt so mortified when he realized that little baby Christian was all in blue and very much a boy!! hahaha

Cat said...

Thank you for being such a special part of our day- We love you both so very much.

Anonymous said...

I'm SO happy that you are a part of Annabelle and Alexander's world. I know you will be wonderful Godparents~~~~ Thanks, Nana