Thursday, April 03, 2008

Stretching That Comfort Zone

The rumors are true. Here's a quote from Daryl's blog:

Oh yeah! The band and I will be leading worship at West Community Friends Church in Corona on April 6th. This will be a fun one because we're doing something new. For the first time ever, Cate Esera herself will be joining us on vocals! Dana won't be able to make this one so Cate stepped up to the plate. I think it'll be really cool. If you're inclined to come check it out, we'll be leading both the 9:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. services.

Scary. Daryl & Kaisara have been helping me with my harmonies. I'm a really strong singer when I've someone to follow. BUT DANA WON'T BE THERE FOR ME TO FOLLOW!!! That's why I'm singing in the first place. I even had Dana help me on my parts on the way home from the Getty last weekend (more on that adventure later). She was awesome. Very helpful without making me feel lame. Kaisara was encouraging when he said he thinks I've of 60% of the notes & that if the sound man's good he'll just turn me down. Thanks hon'. Great.

So anyway...I'm singin' with the band. I'm excited. I love to sing. I'm scared. I hate to suck.

6 comments:

melissa said...

You're gonna do great. Wish I was gonna be there. But we're supporting you from out here!

Dani said...

Ooh...ooh...can you take a video and put it on your blog so I can see too? That way you can be appreciated in multi-states! I know you are going to be fine!

Dani said...

What was I thinking? Better than fine...GREAT!

Cate said...

The singing went o.k. We did both of the church's services. I did better in the first than the second which was dissapointing. I thought I'd do better once I had one under my belt. Oh well. I am glad I had the chance. I am glad I did it. I am glad I made myself available for God to use me.

Daryl Smith said...

She did great! She's not ready to believe me yet, but it's true. It was awesome having you with us up there, Cate. Well done.

Cat said...

Um... people... it is physically IMPOSSIBLE for Cate to be anything less than AMAZING, she is, after all, THE AMAZING CATHERINE! (She even has the cape to prove it!)