Sunday, July 27, 2008

Kitty Background Story

So here's the story: Kaisara & I went to see "The Drowsy Chaperon" at the Ahmanson Theatre a couple weeks ago (that's another post). We carpooled with my co-worker Iris & her hubby, Johnny. After the show they were dropping us off at Kaisara's work to pick up our cars when Johnny noticed a kitty under Kaisara's car. When we got out I called to her & she seemed interested. I walked up to her & she walked right up to me. I snatched her up & called my sis. Jen said we had 3 choices: 1 let her go 2. take her home for the evening & take her to the Santa Ana shelter in the morning 3. take her home for the evening & lie to a no-kill shelter saying that we found her in their city.

Couldn't let her go. She'd get mushed by a car or eaten. Couldn't take her to Santa Ana shelter 'cause that's never a good idea for several reasons. Couldn't lie to another shelter 'cause that's just wrong. Soooo, officially we're fostering the kitty. Unofficially we'll keep her if she's a good fit to the family.

Jen checked her out. She's about a year old. She had ear mites (they've been eradicated). She doesn't have any intestinal parasites & any other coodies. She may however be pregers. We won't know for sure for a while (no pee-on-a-stick tests for kitties apparently).

Zelda's pretty scared of her. Not Zelly's fault though. You know with the sneak attacks from behind & the ninja style attacks from under the bed and all. Who could blame the 70+ pound dog fearing the dread of the 5 pound kitty.

She's a tortoise shell with beautiful green eyes. I think her head's a bit large for her scrawny little neck but she's a pretty thing. Sorry folks. No pictures for now since the camera's gone AWOL. Kaisara's to borrow one from his work tomorrow. I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Oh, I hope she's a good fit for your family.

I'll keep Zelda in my thoughts, she may yet grow to love the kitty right?

I want to hear about the Drowsy Chaperone, I heard it was good.

Kat said...

Ahhhhh, kiittttyy!!
Poor Zelda. She will come around. Little, fast, pouncing kitties are scary.

Waiting for the pictures?
Any name yet??

Cat said...

Sometimes the best pets come to us in funny ways-

What is the world coming to? I get a dog and you get a cat....

:)

Flame Lilly said...

Congrats on your kitty! Unofficially!! What is her name going to be? I hope she's a good fit!! I'd love to snuggle w/ her at next sew-what!!