Tuesday, July 29, 2008

New Muscial

Man! Do I have some perks in my line of work! I make beautiful dresses with ridiculously expensive fabrics & get to keep the trash-scraps. I get to ask handsome actors, "Can I help you with your pants" and not only not get sued but am often taken up on it. And I get to see some really great shows for my favorite price...free.


Weeks before working at CTG Katie asked me if I wanted to be her date & see a show she's been really looking forward to, "The Drowsy Chaperon" at The Ahmanson Theatre. I'd heard of it from Bronwen (who loved it). I said sure. Katie mentioned she thought she could get $20 tickets. I said, "even better".


Then I got the job at CTG. I wasn't working on "The Drowsy Chaperon" but on a show for the Kirk Douglas Theatre. I thought I'd be brave & put some feelers out for some tix to The Ahamanson. That didn't really go anywhere.


A couple weeks later (my stint there was only going to be 2-3 days) management said they got an email offering tickets to "The Drowsy Chaperon" to all staff. Me no staff. Me over-hire. I still almost jumped up from my sewing machine. ANYWHOOO...Not only did I get 2 tickets to the show, one of my co-workers didn't want hers since she'd seen the show (and loved it) & gave hers to me. Awesome.


Called Katie. Said hey! Our date is free & by the way I'm bringing a couple other folks. Kaisara & Daryl were down. So there we were. Then Katie (who started this whole thing in the first place) went to Florida to visit the parental unit. I invited Cat. She's down. Then Daryl had a work emergency & couldn't go. Called Kathy since her & Cat could car pool. She's down too.


So off we go. Kaisara & I carpooled with Iris & Johnny. Cat & Kathy would meet us there.


THE SHOW WAS SO AWESOME I CAN'T EVEN TELL YOU!!! The four of us were laughing out loud the whole time. We're still quoting it & laughing about it.


If you have an opportunity to see it, you should totally go. All I will say is don't wait for intermission to pee. And... there's a pair of roller skates.


I'd totally see it again right now. I'd EVEN pay for my ticket.

2 comments:

Coco said...

I lost my phone on the freeway on Tuesday and don't have your number anymore!! But I NEEDED to tell you, thank you soooo much for inviting me to the ballet! It meant a lot to me and I wish I could have gone and I wish I could have called to tell you. I am so behind in things I didn't get your number from Melanie yet but just KNOW... thank you! I miss you! I love you!

Kat said...

Nice work if you can get it!!!

I can't thank you enough!!! I loved that show so much. I even bought the soundtrack. It is great. And I would totally pay to see it again too. Can't remember when I laughed so hard.

Miss you!!! Love you!!