Thursday, August 21, 2008

Will It Ever Slow Down?

I'm SHOCKED! Shocked I say! It's been almost a month since my last post. That's just nonsense! Kaisara & I had a busy summer & I thought that was unusual. Apparently not. We've got something going at all times. Hard to say "no" when it's all good stuff though.

I'm back at SCR working on a new musical, An Italian Straw Hat. It sounds very cute & silly & not at all what you want to watch if you're looking for a deep meaningful theatre experience. Right up my alley!

Tomorrow's my birthday. The big 3-4. Wow! Not sure how that happened. Something's happening to celebrate but as the birthday girl, I'm not in the loop. Guess I'll just have to leave work looking as cute as I can & be ready for anything. Thanks to Cat & Kathy for taking me to birthday lunch on Sunday. I had a WONDERFUL afternoon with you both.

I'm awaiting to hear if Lucky Zelda has been accepted in to a gy-normus craft show. In order to apply I had to get a seller's permit. So now I've got to charge sales tax & stuff. I'm sure it'll be mucho more money to get my taxes done now. Oi! Anyway, the craft show people mail out the notices 08/29. The show's in November. Cross your fingers for me. Just in case, I've been trying to add to my inventory. It'll be exciting if I get accepted. I'll keep y'all posted.

Daddy had surgery on Monday. It was a long wait to get to the O.R. (months, in fact) but now that it's over he's doing much better. It's so hard to see your invincible Daddy hurting & there's nothing you can do to make it stop. Thanks for those who knew & prayed. For those of you that didn't know, I didn't leave you out intentionally, I promise. Life just is too busy.

Again I ask. Will it ever slow down?

Even with the no-fun stuff with Daddy, I can look at my life of 34 years & smile. I feel unbelievably blessed and wonder what I did to get handed a life such as mine. I'm loved beyond measure by family, friends, and most importantly, Creator.

Life is good.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Happy Birthday Godmom Cate!

I'm glad your dad is doing well, he's such a wonderful man.

Elijah wants to send you an email about something so we'll get to that soon.

Miss you!

Katie said...

Happy Birthday, my lovely and wonderful friend!

Daryl Smith said...

Happy Birthday, Cate!

Moe said...

Happy Birthday from Team Askew! Hope it was a good one!!!