Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Just Life

So I'm off of work for a week and a half. I start back at SCR next Thursday. This is a horrid time of year to not be working due to the lack of paycheck but it's a great time of year to be off of work to take care of life.

Seen a few movies: "Just Friends" (liked it), "Star Wars Episode III" (liked it alot more than I thought I would. very exciting), "Swingers" (very slow), "War of the Worlds" (liked it better than I thought I would), "Be Cool" (didn't like it, again), "Charlie & the Chocolate Factory" (liked it). Still gotta see "Batman Begins" (by the way Daryl, can I borrow yours?)

Finally got started on the Christmas shopping. Can't disclose anything here. It might ruin a suprise or two. I've still no idea what to get Kaisara. Feel free to check out my wish list.

I've gone to the gym twice. Can't even cough my abs are so sore. Gotta keep going though. I hate it there. Is there any physical activity that is interesting that doesn't make you hate yourself & want to leave crying?

Have to make some HUGE banners for church. I'm a little unmotivated on this though. They've changed things a bit & now they're not sure where they want them to hang but they know they want them. What if I spend all this time on them & they get scrapped. That'd suck.

Helping my mom with computer stuff for the things she's gotta do for her lawyer. I'm glad I can help but am terrified of making a mistake. We've got an appointment this afternoon.

Worked on my scrapbook twice in one week. Got up to this past summer. I'm not as far behind as I thought. Never mind the trillion NZ pictures that are daunting me.

So that's what's going on with me while not working. Tons to do.

In pure Melissa fashion I'll close with a quote from my favorite Christmas movie:

Clark: Oh, I was just smelling - smiling. I was just blouse - browsing. I, uh, heh heh. Well, I guess it just wouldn't... Oh hee hee, it wouldn't be the Christmas shopping season if the stores were any less hooter than they - HOTTER than they are. Whew. It is warm in here, isn't it?
Mary: You have your coat on.
Clark: Yes, oh do I? Yeah, it is a bit nipply out. I mean nippy.
Chevy Chase in "Christmas Vacation"

2 comments:

Coco said...

Nice post Cate! okay, as for the physical activity (I get so bored working out)I have found that anything I can do with friends that's active is fun. I love rollerblading and it doesn't hurt and it you can do it with friends. I like dance classes...but I'm a dancer. Or hiking, swimming, ballet class (though you don't sweat, your muscles get all long). the easiest is walking and talking for an hour. Melanie and I lost a bunch of weight one summer when we made ourselves go for walks to chat.

loved looking through your scrapbook, you're talented!!

okay, end of epic comment!

Dani said...

Ever thought of belly dancing? I saw these DVD's in the fitness section when I was looking for a yoga tape. It looked fun and since it is in the comfort of your own home you can be as silly as you want to be! Bonus!!