Saturday, March 03, 2007

No Much Going On

I've been working some overtime at UCI this week so there hasn't been much to blog about nor the time to blog it. Here's an update or sorts:

I ended February with 4.4 miles over my 10 miles per week goal. This is due to going to Magic Mountain last weekend and carpooling with Kaisara to work. Depending on the time in the morning, he drops me off at different points and I walk the rest of the way to the costume shop. Only once have we been early enough for me to walk from the 405. That's 2.9 miles but sure seems like it should be further. Kaisara offers to drop me off at the door but I try to get in my miles this way. We're also saving on me paying for parking at work. UCI doesn't pay for their employees' parking. $44 per month. I think not. That's almost 2 1/2 hours of work just to park. It's better for me, our bank account, and the environment by the way, for me to walk. So walk I shall.

My gig at UCI has been great. The manager, Vera, is awesome. She LOVES her job. She lets us know when we need to put our heads down & crank stuff out and she later lets us know how great we did & how much she appreciates our work. There is an opening for full-time employment there but I've decided not to apply. I don't think I could handle working with cynical grad students and all of their angst on a permanent basis. Bummer, the money's good and the benefits would be to die for. I'll enjoy my freelancing some more.

Of course, I am so good I've sewed myself out of work. We were supposed to work today after working late all this week. But no, we're done until after the first dress (Monday night). So I've sewed myself out of overtime today & there's no need for me to go in Monday since we won't have any notes by then. It really is a curse being so gifted. HaHaHaHaHa!

Vera's said she has work for me through Friday, March 9th but after that's an unknown. I'm not back at SCR 'til April 17th. Yikes! over a month with no pay. Again, the joys of freelancing. Not worried though. God will provide. He always does.

Well rather than working today & making the big bucks at time-and-a-half, I'm off to do a ton of laundry & perhaps work some on my dead soldier. It's getting nearer to completion.

No comments: