Friday, March 23, 2007

The Power of the Tax Right Off

A few years ago I worked for the month of December at Crap-Ann's. It had to be done. I didn't have work & December's a great month for temp. retail work. Anyway, I survived & so did they.

While there I got a super great Rowenta iron. Normally 90 bucks, I got it for like $25 or something with employee discount & coupons, etc. Rowenta's are great irons. A great iron is an important thing for someone like me. It cracks me up that most of my friends don't even own one. ANYwho...Zelda bumped my ironing board & the thing came crashing down 1 too many times (yes, it happened more than once). About a month or so after the last crash-landing the bloody thing started leaking. NOT acceptable when working on silk & the like. I figured the thing broke 'cause of my dumb dog & it's been over a year since the purchase date so, whatever. I have a spray bottle that mists well. That was at least 6 months ago. I've not worked on certain things several times due to the lack of a steaming iron. How can I be so cheap & in my line of work not to just go out & buy a new one? I amaze even me with my cheap-ness. Wow, this is a long post about a dumb iron. Anyway. I remembered today that I can write off the cost of a new one. Sweet! I headed to Bed, Bath & Beyond armed with my 20% off coupon. And what's this? A left over gift card from Christmas with $6-ish on it? Yeah! SO, I got a new Rowenta normally $49.99 for $36.18. Did I mention it came with a rebate for a $15 Bed, Bath & Beyond gift card?
Awesome! I've got steaming capabilities againAND mad bargain shopping skills.

3 comments:

melissa said...

I have no steaming capabilities. I can't iron worth a pinch. I own a iron, I just never use it. But I do have bargain shopping skills. :)

Melanie said...

Okay... so this is one of the things I most admire about you.

Cate said...

Ironing is one of my most admirable traits? Thank you?