Saturday, July 07, 2007

Super Excited!

Kaisara & I are leaving Monday morning for San Diego. We're taking the train. I love the train. I'd go everywhere by train if I could. "Why are you going to San Diego?", you ask? Well thanks for askin'! Goin' to San Diego to catch a little thing called a cruise ship.

That's right people. We're cruisin'. Yeah! We're celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary (that's 18 years together for you math geniuses). We wanted to do something that was a big deal since it is the big 1-0 and because we haven't been able to celebrate our anniversary for the past 5 years (thank you very much Pageant of the Masters). We've got some catching up to do. We were going to go to Barcelona. But I ended up out of work for 6 weeks in early spring so it woulda' been even more of a credit card vacation than this. It's not as big of a trip as Barcelona would have been, but I'm thrilled with our choice. We leave Monday, return on Saturday so we won't be gone as long or jet-lagged in the slightest. Since it was cheaper than our original plans, we went all out & got an ocean view room.

I've dropped Zelda off at Grandma Marty's for summer camp. Dana's coming over a couple times to get the mail & water my plants. I've made all of our pre-boarding arrangements. Now all I have to do is pack & keep praying really hard that my co-celebrator recovers quickly. Yep, Kaisara's sick. Please pray that he gets better fast.

I'll close with a quote from What About Bob?:
Bob: Notice anything different about me? I sail.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Yea Yea!!! Cruising is the BEST vacation ever! Have a fabulous time!

Flame Lilly said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! WE're so excited for the both of you! Have a GREAT trip and enjoy that ocean view!! You guys are an inspiration!!

Alissa said...

Have a fabuluos time you two. You are very inspiring!

melissa said...

So happy we could get together for dinner before you left. Cannot wait to see pictures of the cruise. Congratulations on 10 years of wedded bliss.