Sunday, May 11, 2008

A Great Event

Yesterday was the craft show at Cal Poly Pomona. It was really the second annual Hot Rod & Tractor Show with the added feature of 15-ish craft vendors. Had I known it was going to be such a great event for families I'da pushed it more. There were the rods &tractors for the men, craft booths, farm store & nursery for the ladies, free horse rides, bouncer & petting zoo for the kids, and strawberry picking, ice cream, snow cones & kettle corn for everyone to enjoy together.

It was fun watching so many young families enjoying a great day together. Kids were given liberty to run wild in the fields to get all their wiggles & squeals out. Moms & dads could follow if they wanted or not. The staff was all super friendly & the weather couldn't have been better.

My mom came with me to keep me company. I was prepared to sit alone for 6 hours but wasn't looking forward to it. Mom was great. She helped me set up my tables, went oogling at the cars, sat with me quite a bit & I sent her out to work in the fields to pick strawberries. They're delicious by the way. Three big baskets full for $6. Kathy later stopped by for a bit so that was fun too. I also met a couple other etsy-ians. They were super nice. One even bought a couple a pieces from me. Check out their stores here & here.

I sold a total of 3 pieces (the grey polk-dot purse & 2 of my zipper bags) and handed out several business cards. At least it paid for my entrance fee (not by much) & I met several nice people. Who knows what a year can do but as of now, I'll do it again.

No comments: