Sunday, January 18, 2009

Walking Funny

So I've been riding twice now. I'm thankful I've done so much bike riding the last couple of years. This could have been SOOOOO much worse. Really only my adductor muscles are what's screaming at me. But boy are they screaming loud!

My boots haven't yet arrived and since their not tall anyway AND after the NASTY wound on my calf (I'll spare you a photo) from the stirrup leather & my jeans fighting, I've invested in a pair of half chaps (weird, costumers call them gators). I think they're ugly especially the pair I bought (pictured earlier) but that's what the store had to fit my gargantuan calf. Back to the ride!

Thursday went well. I felt sloppy but not all over the place. Better than alot of people riding in the background of a movie (i.e. the kid who ratted out the bad guy in "Appaloosa". it was only 2 seconds of screen time for his ride but it was ugly). Koadie is a gorgeous horse and moves nicely. We'll get on fine together. I did end up bruising the ego a bit though during my dismount. My feet hit the incredibly hard-packed dirt by the tack room & my body kept going. The ground hit me where the good Lord split me. That's still sore.

I rode again on Saturday. Half chaps, healing wound, sore adductors & butt and all. I ended up riding longer than I thought I would. I already felt an improvement so that was nice. It's amazing how much work it is when at one point in my life it was very little mental or physical work. But as Kaisara so lovingly put it (as he always does), "You're not 13 anymore."

I'm going back to the stables tomorrow after work but don't think I'll ride. I really want my wound to heal & my adductors to recover from the recent abuse.

My boots should arrive on Tuesday which will give me a little time to break them in for a ride on Thursday. I'll keep you posted!

I'm one happy girl. Am I totally blessed right out of my socks or what?!?!?

3 comments:

melissa said...

Wow. You are lucky. I hope you heal from your wound.

Isn't it lovely when our husbands remind us of how old we are? :) I know Kaisara said it lovingly, but still.

I wanna see a picture of you on the horse.

Kat said...

I agree. Picture of you on the horse!! Please!!!

And please stop hurting my friend. I am glad that you are having a blast, but please be careful. I know it is foolish to even say that, as if you are hurting yourself on purpose. But you know what I mean.
Xoxo

Moe said...

Told you you would feel it! :) I didn't expect that when I got back to riding.It really makes you feel old doesn't it?! But all that pure joy is woth it!