Sunday, February 19, 2006

African Violet-Take 2

So it took me over two years but I finally did it. I killed the African Violet Amy, my boss at SCR, gave me for Christmas 2004. I'm really rather pleased with myself that it lasted as long as it did. I give all the credit to the self watering pot I put it in after almost killing it a half dozen times. But early last week I decided it needed more light so I put it on the patio. Then came the unseasonably 85+ weather, I forgot about it & that's that.

Pictured here is my new little violet. Perhaps she'd do better with a name. The last one was a boy but never got a name. Maybe he got sick of being nameless. Gotta think on a name for my new one. No her name ISN'T Violet, Rose or Hyacinth, all far too obvious. She looks sorta like an Alice. Hmmmm...I found her at the 99 cent store so I'm not holding my breath on her to much.

1 comment:

Coco said...

Cate, you're adorable! What a cutie! My votes...Alice, Eva, Marina, Betty :)