Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Typical!

I'm taking a patterning class. Our first project is for a knit garment. So for our PATTERN DRAFTING class we've got to first design a knit garment, then pattern it & then build it. After designing my piece (why am I designing in a patterning class?) she decides it's got to be something cute & flashy to put in the school's fashion show (why am I, a student enrolled in a pattern drafting class, building stuff for your stupid fashion show? ) So now I've got to make some changes to my design as it wasn't a whole outfit (she never said it had to be 'til after the fact). AND after looking through my bins & bins & bins of fabric...I don't have any knits!!!!! I'M GOING TO HAVE TO BUY SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!! ARRRGGGGGHHHHH!

2 comments:

Coco said...

Pooh! Comprehensive directions, guidlines...those would have been nice!

Good luck Cate, I'm sure it'll be awesome! I look forward to the pictures. and if you need anyone to be your seam ripper (God willing you won't need to be ripping seams!) I volunteer as that is really the only thing I have extensive experience doing...

Cat said...

Your "teacher" sounds like she is using y'all. I still have that bright pink stretchy vinyl! Hee Hee that's "cute and flashy"!