Sunday, February 05, 2006

It's a beaut!

So we started fittings on this piece at work, "The Marriage License" by the amazing Norman Rockwell. I just love his stuff. They're so real & full of character. The hardest part about this piece for Mary & I has been, amazingly enough, the woman's shoes. You'd think light colored round-toe pumps with a slim heel would be everywhere. Nope. We've been all over cyberspace & tons of stores. We finally settled on a shoe from Target. What gets me is that a month from now, those stupid shoes are gonna be everywhere. Oh well.

We've also been working on three Ragini prints. Here is an example of a Ragini. I don't much care for them but they're giving me practice at what Pageant calls "skirt bags". (I know you miss them already don't you Marcy?)

This week I start a patterning class at Santa Ana College. I'm looking forward to having some official patterning instruction under my belt. I'm not, however, looking forward to homework. Hey! maybe I'll be so good I'll finish all of my work in class! Here's hoping!

No comments: