Tuesday, May 23, 2006

It's a Blur But Here's My Weekend

Saturday I had to go to work. I left at noon to go home & set up for Sew What. Sew What ended at 4. I hopped in the shower, because...dang!... then Kaisara & I headed to his gig at Diedrich's in Brea. First we needed to stop at Crate & Barrel to get Karen Ford's bridal shower gift. It'll be snug, but we can make it! We're 10 miles down the road & I hear "Uh, oh..." Yep, Kaisara forgot the drum so we had to turn around, go back home, get the drum & head straight to Brea 'cause there's no time for bridal shower gift shopping now, Mister! We get to Diedrich's, help set up, I know that Karen is registered at Macy's so I hop on Diedrich's free wireless internet on Kaisara's computer that I had him grab when getting the drum & hooray, there's a Macy's at Brea Mall not 3 miles down the road. See ya' boys!

After the gig, we go to Daryl's place to unload the sound stuff & to meet his new kitties. Sooooo cute! (get to see 'em again on Saturday!). We head back out, grab a bite to go from Jack In the Box & get to Chris & Ashley's to hang out with them & Justin & Brendon. We get there, Brendon already left, so did Justin 'cause he was only there to hang with Brendon (thanks Justin!). So they boys played Mario cart for a bit & we ended at home at 1am.

Sunday is church at 11am. Sorry, Kaisara. I know you gotta be there by 9 to practice but that's just not happening for me. See you at 11! Church gets out so I head to the parking lot & am copying my recipe on the card provided for the bridal shower. I kiss my man goodbye, head to the shower, make it on time & everything. I even remembered to bring the gift! The shower was lovely. Though it was outside (the invite mentioned nothing of that sort). There I was in a t-shirt, skirt & moccasins with no jacket, socks or parka to speak of. Yikes! While driving home I had the heater cranked & I couldn't get warm. I went home, put on some sweats, dove under the covers for an hour & still couldn't warm up. Finally got warm & watched the season finale of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. That one was tough, but I only teared up once. In an attempt to postpone going to work Monday morning, we then watched another movie borrowed from Daryl, Shop Girl. Didn't care for it.

5 comments:

melissa said...

that sounds like a busy weekend. Was it really too chilly for a t-shirt and skirt? Maybe I need to rethink my packing list.

I was gonna read Shop Girl, because I heard the book was better than the movie. I did Steve Martin's other book, The Pleasure Of My Company. It was good, and it's pretty short.

Coco said...

I love the way you write Cate! I look forward to your posts :) glad you survived the busy weekend!

Flame Lilly said...

It was FREEZING! I had the butt-warmer on HIGH and the heat blasting through. I also took a hot shower and got into sweats and was still cold! I think we should keep a pair of jeans and a jacket in the car at ALL times for scenarios like that one! It was a great bridal shower though and good seeing you there!

ashley said...

i have a cute picture of you from the shower... i'll have to email it to you...

Anonymous said...

The Pleasure of My Company is hilarious! I'd love to see that made into a movie. It would be much quirkier and light hearted than Shopgirl.

I'm glad you enjoyed meeting the boys, Cate. Cash seems to be feeling a little better now. He's playing with Buckley again and bouncing around, but he still seems too skinny to me. Maybe I'm just paranoid.