Saturday, October 14, 2006

New Couch & Other News

We got a new couch. It's used but it's new to us. This is our 4th used couch & so far we've only had to pay for one of them (not this one). Our previous three have been through people at church. Our latest is from Dana's parents, Debby & Gregg. I went over to their house last week with Dana to pick up some curtain rods for her & Jeremy's condo. During our visit Debby asked me if I'd like a couch. Umm, yeah! Mom came over with her van today & we picked it up. Yeah for us, new couch. Yeah for the Williams', it's not in their dining room anymore.

In other news, I ended up at the doctor for my broken butt. I fell on Sunday afternoon & by Wednesday afternoon my back was beginning to kill me & I couldn't raise my left leg. I called & got an appointment for the next morning. I'm so glad I called when I did since I woke up Thursday with my left arm & leg feeling really weird. Like there were almost asleep. Freaked me out. The doc ordered a bunch of x-rays & it turns out I'm not broken. Yeah! The back, arm & leg thing were a result of swelling keeping nerves from doing their job right. He gave me prescriptions for 800mg of ibuprofin, muscle relaxors & vicadin. I've never had so many drugs at once. My back, leg & arm are back to normal & my tailbone is getting better. Still hurts pretty bad but I'm relieved to know it's not broken so it shouldn't hurt for too long.

Gotta go. Dana & Jeremy are picking me up soon for one of the band's last Diedrich gigs. Stupid Starbucks is buying 'em all up at the end of next month.

No comments: