Monday, December 04, 2006

That'll Leava a Mark!

We all know I'm not the most graceful one in the bunch. How I ever did so well at ballet is beyond me. Today...I topped even me. Did you break another toe on the coffee table you ask? Nope. Did you bruise your tailbone again while roller blading you ask? Nope. Let me preface it by typing this...Them things are dangerous.

It all started this morning while walking from the parking structure to the theatre. I've got a couple things to carry but nothing out of the ordinary. While walking down the sidewalk (operative word is "while") I was noticing the "Laurie's Kitchen" type lady walking down the sidewalk across the street from me. Man! How's she ever gonna pull that off? She's got a flatbed hand truck (that's dolly for all you sissies) that's loaded with two coolers, she's got a pitcher or something in her hand & she's trying to maneuver around the driveway apron. Well I gotta see this!!!

Then it happened. Happened so fast I knocked myself forward at the waist to a 45 degree angle. Yep! Walked straight into the fire hydrant I did. You gotta watch it for those things! They're made of metal & THEY HURT when you walk full speed into one of them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! OK I shouldn't laugh. I've done that a lot.. walked into bakery and fruit stands at the market... One time I was running very fast around our house at night and I ran smack into the picnic table. It takes your breath away to smash into something in the dark... and land on top of it more like... and crack a knee. OHHHH!