Tuesday, December 19, 2006

This is Four

Here's a photo a my fourth & final baby quilt for 2006. I gave it to my new niece this Saturday. Seeing how she's already slept on it, I guess it's a winner. Needless to say, she's a lavender baby, not a pink one.

The solid was left over bride's maid dress fabric & the floral was a little scrap I got from a coworker. I usually machine quilt my projects but I tied this one. I used thicker batting & used cotton pearl to tie it. It's alot poofier than my usual quilts which is nice & comfy. I'm going to keep tieing in mind for future projects. It's super easy & super fast. I felt like I was cheating. Like I told Luanei, it had better be wore out with love by the time she hits kindergarten.

I haven't posted a picture of my 3rd quilt of the year as I haven't given it to Melissa yet. She'll be out for the Cramer/Marlow wedding & I'll give it to her then. Hope she likes it. I'll post a photo of it after it makes it's way back to Colorado.

I'll also add them to my "Things I've Made" album so feel free to check out that link to the left. BTW Cat, you still owe me photos!

3 comments:

melissa said...

Ooh, I can't wait to see the new quilt! I know it will be loved by all.

The lavender one is very lovely. I don't understand what you mean by "tieing", but the finished project looks cool.

Flame Lilly said...

That's SOOOOOOO pretty Cate! Good job!! I love the pic...although for the life of me i couldn't figure out where the legs were of the person holding it! THEN..it hit me, it's hanging over the hedge! YIP! it's one of those days...I over slept, can't see peoples legs...etc, etc
haha!
S:)

Kat said...

Again I say, you are brilliant. Another fabulous job by a fabulous lady! Well done my friend!