Saturday, February 17, 2007

Government Agent

As many of you know I was fired for 2 months from SCR. I go back April 17th to start on Hamlet, but in the mean time they've got 2 very small contemporary shows so they don't need me. Before my time was up I started trying to figure out what I'd be doing for work for 2 months. I asked around Laguna Playhouse people and such but they've trimmed their shop down for some small shows too. Guess I'll just fill in at my old office job for a while. I made the phone call and Vera (the office manager) said she'd have work for me. Cool. Not a dream job but at least it's easy & the money's the same. Then out of no where I get a call from Vera (the shop manger at UCI). Basically the conversation went like this, "Hi, you don't know me but will you come work in my shop for 2 months?" "O.k." "By the way, we're gonna pay you almost $3 more an hour than you're used to." "O.k."

God is so good. He provides exactly what we need when we need it doesn't He? And the best part is, He knows what we actually need.

So I'm working for the government through at least March 9th & if they haven't found a permanent person by then I'll work there until they do our until April 17th to go back to SCR.

2 comments:

Cat said...

AWESOME! Isn't that AWESOME!! Break a leg friend! Can't wait to hear about it!c

Dani said...

UCI ROCKS! Go Ardvarks! Who do you get to work with there? Is Shigeru still around? He was great! Congrats. I love it when jobs just appear at the right time like that. Your reputation must preceed you!