Monday, February 19, 2007

The Prince & the Pauper Photos

As promised here's a few pictures of the costumes I built for SCR's The Prince & the Pauper.

We made the Prince's gown (purple coat with brown fur). We also did MAJOR repairs to his doublet & pumpkin breeches.










We made the King's gown, doublet (though the doublet looks like a dress), fat pad & hat complete with fur piping.







We made Lady Jane's dress. I only patterned the sleeve. A co-worked patterned the rest of it before I started on the show.










Here's a close-up of the bodice & skirt. It shows the dreaded cartridge pleats. Man! I hated those things. Now that I've done them, they're not that bad. It's just ALOT of hand work.

I had a part time first hand and a mostly full time stitcher to get it all ready. Later, we got help from the rest of the staff as their show opened & they had a few minutes. I can't believe we pulled it off!

2 comments:

melissa said...

Excellent. So glad it all came together in time. It looks lovely.

Moe said...

You are so talented my friend!