Saturday, May 26, 2007

Holy Jim, Batman!

We went hiking with the Stensons this morning. It was great. We picked them up in the topless jeep at 9am, drove into the local mountains, past O'Neil Park then turned onto the dirt road. After over 4 miles of bumps, ditches & Kaisara side-seat driving we made it to the parking area.
I really like this hike. I hiked it with Greg & the Dans a couple years ago. It's a there-&-back totalling 2.7 miles & it gains over 400 feet in altitude. Somehow my mind remembered it flatter. It wasn't to hard, don't get me wrong, I just told the others "Don't worry, it's really flat." Oops. It was a great morning for it and I was surprised there was actually some water falling down the water fall. I was expecting a trickle at best.
After Dana almost knocking herself out on a tree at the falls, we headed back down the trail much quicker than up. Then back onto to 4+ mile dirt road bumps, ditches, Kaisara's side-seat driving and all.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Looks like a great way to spend a Saturday.

Flame Lilly said...

I'm glad you guys had a great time! We'll have to try that trail...can you bring dogs? How is the riding coming along? I hope you're enjoying it!! Hopefully see you soon! I miss you!
S:)