Saturday, June 02, 2007

Not Cheating...exactly

I've made a decision. Since purchasing Silvia (by the way, I've named my bike Silvia. Odd, since most of my things get boy names, but Silvia's a girl so her name is Silvia. Not sure how I decided she's a girl. She just is okay?!) now back to my sentence... Since purchasing Silvia, I've been biking rather than walking. I've made the decision to modify my goal of walking 500 miles in 2007 to include biking rather than just walking. I feel like this is cheating a little but that's okay. The goal of the goal was to exercise more & Silvia enables me to do that more than a mere walk. My heart rate is increased much higher, I don't get bored & I can accomplish more while riding Silvia instead of walking places because well, you cover alot of ground on a bike in no time! I'd forgotten that. Man! My mom & I went for 14.5 miles on Memorial Day. We're practically athletes, ya' know?

5 comments:

melissa said...

Hey, just look at it as miles traveled this year. Whatever gets you out there right?

I think Silvia is a fine name.

Melanie said...

Oh my gosh, you are totally an athlete!

Cat said...

Are you gonna take a ride out to see me on silvia? :)

See you Sat- got you tickets by Kathy

Flame Lilly said...

Good Job Cate!!! You are inspiring!
S:)

Anonymous said...

i don't think biking instead of walking is cheating. but if you do just add some miles to your yearly total to cover the fact that biking takes you further faster.