Thursday, June 14, 2007

Life's Been Busy

Last weekend Kaisara & I drove up to Cal State San Bernadino to see Cat in Noises Off. It's one of our most favorite plays so it was great to see Cat's shop's work again AND see Cat in the show itself. They did a great job. We laughed out loud for two hours. If you've ever an opportunity to see a production of it GO (& let me know so I can go too). After the show we went to Fridays with Cat, Randy, Kathy (whom Cat & I went to school with) & her beau Jody. We closed the place down. Not sure when the last time was that I had a restaurants lights turned on & the music off on me. Needless to say we had a great evening.

Sunday Four stories lead worship at church. AMAZING (as always). We then went to lunch with everyone & it was great to be joined with Alex & Becca. We sat & chatted 'til 3:30 when we had to go to our niece's birthday BBQ.

Monday & Tuesday I finished up my hours at SCR. I was originally going to be fired last Friday but Amy found 15 hours of "costume unassigned" so I put in all those hours in a day & a half so I could start my new job Tuesday afternoon.

Oh yeah, I got a new job. Perfect timing as I started right when SCR ended & this will end right when SCR picks back up. I'm the cutter for Shakespeare Orange County. It's been 4 years since I've done community theatre. Sure is different. I'm glad I'm there. Katie is the designer for both shows (oh yeah, we're doing Shrew & R & J). I know Katie from SCR. She's worked as Designer's Assistant & crafts on several shows. She's great.

Last night I picked up Dana as my date for Hamlet at SCR. Kaisara didn't want to go since everyone dies at the end & he's seen it before. I know it's one of Crista's favorites but I never heard from her so Dana was my arm-candy. I was really eager to see this production. I was really curious about how the actors I got to know a bit would pull it off & I, of course, wanted to see how the costumes looked after working on them for weeks. I did 13 pairs of pants as well as did all the costumes for a few of the actors. Go to SCR's website to see a brief slide show & video if you're interested. Dana & I both LOVED the show. Horatio, played by Michael Urie was our favorite. We both loved his performance, Dana thought he was hot & I know that he's a nice guy. So there ya' go.

I'm now adding a couple people to my "Rubbed Elbows With" list. You don't know their names but their faces might be familiar.

This weekend holds an Oceans marathon before viewing the new one and playing with 2 7-week old kitties that we're fostering for 2 weeks.

2 comments:

Cat said...

Michael Urie! Awesome -he's nice? That's so cool to hear and I love him in Ugly Betty!

melissa said...

I saw the movie Noises Off! and loved it. I bet it's better live. But don't get out to live theatre ever.

I heard Ocean's Thirteen was good, we're going to go see it just as soon as we can.