Monday, September 17, 2007

It's Been A While

Soooooooo, where to start...

My show is up and running. There wasn't enough theatre magic to get all of the costumes on stage for the first preview audience. But they were all up there for the 2nd. (Preview audiences are the first to see the show before the official opening. They get a discounted price with the understanding that the show may not be completely polished.) All of the costumes were however completely finished (100's of yards of trim and all) by the 5th preview (out of 6). So the day of opening was a complete breeze. I was even able to help the shop with the next show even though Amy had hired me for the week to work on any and all notes from A Little Night Music.

Kaisara & I went to opening night on Friday. I really enjoyed it. Musically and costume period-ly it's my favorite Sondheim that I've seen. Which isn't that many really. It's only beating out Into the Woods & Sunday in the Park With George. Story wise Into the Woods is my favorite. The story of this one is basically not being happy with who your with & sleeping with those you want. Not very moral but still a darn good show!

If you click on the link above you can follow a link to a slide show. Three of my costumes can be seen (on the slouchy girl with a big, blond, wig). My favorite costume didn't even get photographed let alone make it to the slide show. Probably because it's only on stage for 10 seconds. Anyway, in the slide show my costumes are, a turquoise chiffon robe, a light pink lace dress (in the background of 3 couples) and a peach with white lace dress (in that picture especially you can see my girl's stellar posture. AAAAAHHHHHH!)

At any rate, the magic of theatre got us to an easy opening night (we didn't even think that would've happened 1 1/2 weeks ago) and I'm fired for the week before returning to rebuild 1 actor's worth of costumes for A Christmas Carol. This week is to be filled with scrapping with my sis', pinning and finishing a quilt, scrapping with Katie, and getting more items on Lucky Zelda.

2 comments:

Dani said...

So Shigeru was the one that sent you on that wild and wooley costume dash, huh? I bet they look beautiful though! Say hi to him for me if you get a chance. I was in his class at UCI. I really liked making up the costumes. I would HATE building them though. I have SOOOOOOO much respect for you women and your talents with needles.

Iris said...

Hey Lady, Guess what! Only the women's side of things made it to the second preview performance. My blue celestial being uniform coat didn't make it to stage until the night before opening! And same with the blue robe! Yikes, that was close!