Sunday, September 30, 2007

Not Very Bloggy

Sorry 'bout that folks. I just haven't been very bloggy lately. Nothing extraordinarily good nor bad. Just didn't feel like typing about it. Here's an update:

Race For the Cure was last week. Team Galatians 6:10 was small but mighty this year. We raised over $500. Donations are accepted 'til the 19th of October so if you'd like to give, click here. Cat walked it with me while her man Randy ran the thing. Holy cow! I know that it's only 3.1 miles but please, run it? Some of it's up hill, man! Truth be told, after last year I wanted to run it this year but that just didn't happen. Several reasons but we won't go there now.

Yesterday I went to tea with Cat & Kathy, our mentor-turned-dear-friend. We hadn't seen her in months so having tea turned into a 3 1/2 hour event. It was lovely. The tea was great (can't go wrong with a good English Breakfast), the food was tasty & the company was perfect. I love my girls! Now Cat & I hold our breath for the next Sewing Circle. We need our fix.

We saw Invincible on Friday. I don't like sports but I like sports movies. I dunno. Just do. Anyway, it was really good. The 1975 clothes were awesome & seeing Mark Wahlberg in 1975 hair is worth the rental fee alone (of course Jeremy & Dana rented it so that was even better).

Heroes is back on T.V. I love that show. I'm disappointed in every episode but I love it. Again, I dunno. We went to Daryl's house to watch it last week. We're going to Brendon's tomorrow. Remember we don't gots cable so we only gots snowy-vision.

I went back to work last week & am working on the 1st installment of A Christmas Carol. One of the original actors retired last year so they had it in this year's budget to rebuild her stuff for the recast. I get to do it early so when the normal build comes, I'll be done with her & just have the others to do. I think I'm pretty much booked through January work wise so that's great.

I sold one of my purses on Lucky Zelda. It was my 6th sale but my 1st one that was something I'd made. That was exciting. I'm getting a bunch of others ready to post & also have for a craft fair I'm doing in November (more to come on that later).

That's all for now. Ciao!

3 comments:

melissa said...

You sold the blue purse! It was my favorite. I hope you make another one like it, as I had my eye on it. Obviously, I should have bought it when I had the chance.

Glad to hear the walk went well. Geoff's mom participated in the Calgary version of the race for the first time. She said next year she wants to wear a pink wig, and I thought of yours.

Geoff said...

Way to go with your race for the cure! You need a team whip (is that a political term in the states too?) to get your members from last year back on board though! No race for me this year, unfortunately it is the week before the marathon. :(

Kat said...

Super congrats on the purse sale. A woo-woo for u!! That is awesome!!

I am sorry that I missed out on the tea. I am glad you had such a great time and I am totally looking forward to sewing circle. I have many kitty sweaters to show and share.

I miss you!!! Let's plan when I can bring my bike down to you. I just started walking again. Whew! I like biking better, well, on flat ground. lol