Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Wickedly Good

Kaisara & I finally saw Wicked. I got our tickets for my birthday & Dana got her & Jeremy's for her birthday. Last Saturday the four of us went to dinner at The Clubhouse before heading up to Hollywood. Is that ever a decent drive? I think not.

As a side note, Dana & I both looked super hot in our new dresses.

Anyway, we really enjoyed the show. The set was ugly & I would have done a few things different as far as costumes go but other than that...it was super good.

Kaisara REALLY loved it. As we were walking out he said he could see it again right then. I have to say that the close of act 1 gave Dana & me a wicked (excuse the pun) set of goose bumps. I finally had to tell him to stop gushing over it since we just saw my show the night before that I'd been killing myself over for a month & he had nothing to say about that one. Sigh...

I thought the last scene was unnecessary. It would have been a much more tragic ending without it & therefore less of a crowd pleaser but it would have been truer to the book (of which I'm really interested in reading now).

I think that if/when the show is ever done on a community level the Dana MUST audition for Glinda. It was like watching Dana up there & I know she's got more than enough voice to pull it off.

I love the theatre. I could go every night.

2 comments:

Dani said...

I'm so glad you got to see it. Cat and I had a fun time of it, too. You'd have to remind me about the end of act 1 and the end of the show, but I do remember thinking the set was a little strange.

Dreaming for a moment. Wouldn't it be so awesome to see a show every night, or atleast every weekend instead of T.V.? But Geez, the prices. Oh wait, in dreamland money doesn't exist! Yeah, that would be great!

Melanie said...

I know Dana would be SUCH a great Glinda.