Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas Quiz (from Melissa)

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both. I reuse gift bags but there's still nothin' like rippin' into that wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial? We borrowed my parents artificial one this year. This is our 1st tree in out 4 years. btw: I don't like the smell of evergreen in the house. It's a scent that should only be out-of-doors.

3. When do you put up the tree? Apparently when ever I can get over to Mom's to borrow hers.

4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Year's.

5. Do you like eggnog? sick-o

6. What about Fruitcake? Only Iris' Australian Fruitcake. It's REALLY good.

7. Favorite gift received as a child? My Effingham Field boots. I waited FOREVER for those things.

8. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it came with twin shephers & only 2 wise men so we have Yoda staning in as the 3rd. He likes it!

9. Hardest person to buy for? Tony, Kaisara's brother. It's impossible.

10. Easiest person to buy for? My sis.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The lack of a stocking.

12. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. btw: I didn't much care for this year's choices of Christmas stamps.

13. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf, and National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

14. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Early fall is when I start thinking about it.

15. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No, those just usually go to the Goodwill.

16. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? I'm with Melissa on this one. Holiday M&M's (I like of the peanut variety).

17. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored, for sure.

18. Favorite Christmas song? Not really sure. I definately know my least favorite. "Santa Claus is Comin' to Town" as performed by The Boss. AAAAHHHHH!!!!! I just turn & run.

19. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Home.

20. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Not usually but I just learned that in German, Donner means thunder & Blitzen means lightning.

21. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. It's a man angel. My Mer made him for me. Every reference in the Bible to angels is male & "do not be afraid" so the must be an intimidating presence so it's silly that almost all art & Christmas tree toppers make them foofy ladies. If I couldn't have the man angel, I'd go star.

22. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Chrismas morning.

23. What is the one present you want most this year? Paniers for my bike.

24. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People saying "Happy Holidays". It's Christmas people. Chanukah ended over a week ago. Does ANYONE know ANYONE who celebrates Kwanza? Just say Merry Christmas.

5. What I love most about Christmas? But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for ALL the people. Luke 2:10

1 comment:

melissa said...

Very informative, I like it!

Merry Christmas Cate & Kaisara!