Monday, March 03, 2008

Wind + Bike = Me No Likey

Well today's ride was poo-ey. Yes that's a term us cyclists use. At least this one, not that I'm really a cyclist. Poo-ey. It's when you go out on a ride that you know is challenging but you do it anyway 'cause you're a fatty but the wind is blowing in all directions except the one, singular direction that would aid you in getting your tookus to from point A to point B. THEN you get past what you know is the most challenging part of your ride (even when the wind is not whipping all around you except at your back) and come to find out the bike trail you need to take & went 1/2 mile out of your way for is closed & detoured another 1/2 mile out of your way. AAAAAAAAHHHH. Kathy, you would not have done on this one.

Good news is:

1. I did it. I kicked it windy butt it did not kick mine (oh wait that's not what I meant.
2. I got 13.6 miles in today
3. I spent the day with my sis'. She's rad. We scrapped & then played cribbage. She skunked me once (yes that's an actual term in cribbage, just ask Melissa, she's the queen of cribbage) and only mildly beat me the second game.

No comments: