Sunday, June 01, 2008

A Wish I Had A Raspberry Beret

Yesterday Kaisara, Katie & I went to see a show at Cat's school. It was Hamlet. Sort of. Ya' see it was Hamlet laced with Prince songs. It's called Hamlet (The Artist Formerly Known As) the Prince of Denmark. It was rad. I'm really only familar with Prince's radio hits but the show had others too! The one we kept singing on the way home was a Chaka Khan song, "I Feel For You". The words were changed for the man rapping in the intro of the song. Instead of "Chaka Khan, I wanna rock you, Chaka Khan" it was, "Hamlet's mom, I wanna rock you, Hamlet's mom". Just one of the times we all were crackin' up.
The kids did great (some greater than others, as is the case with any show, student or professional). Cat had done a great job with the costumes (ya' gotta love Aardvarks!). Not only did Cat put together this show but they're also running the original Hamlet in rep with this one so of course, she had to do them both at the same time. In case you don't know, that's HUGE!!!!
Ladies & gentlemen...I give you...The Amaaaaaaaaaazingggggggggg Caaaaaaat! Well done, my friend. Thanks for a great show!

3 comments:

Katie said...

I'm still having nightmares of that show! Hamlet's mom Hamle'ts mom! aaaaack! so much fun :)

Cat said...

Alas there are no more zebra printed funky dresses at said thrift store... I weep

Katie said...

fer sure sista! you'll find a link to your goods under 'things i love'. methinks we should see "the happening" pretty soon... what thinks you?