Sunday, February 22, 2009

Here's Koadie

Some of you have been asking to see a photo of the horse that I've been working. Well, there he is. Handsome guy isn't he? My sis works with a girl, Tracy, that owns a horse, Nick & Tracy's sister owns Koadie but is out-of-state for school. Tracy needed help working Koadie since she's got Nick, school, work & not enough time for Koadie. The stables is just over 1/2 mile from my house & of course my arm had to be twisted to have horses re-enter my life after an 18 year absence. I'm not really sure how I survived that long.

The wound on my leg from my first ride a month & a half ago has finally healed up enough that it's not painful to ride. The ol' tail bone's still a bit sore but that'll take months to be completely gone. Koadie has now had some stubborn wounds that I've been caring for. Between those & the rain, there hasn't been much riding. It's been awesome to learn that I don't NEED to ride as much as I just NEED to be around horses & working with them even if it's just on the ground. They're large, gorgeous, stupid animals but it's rewarding when I can tell I've connected with them in some way. Even if it's just that he sees me as the treat lady (yeah, I got bit for that).

Today was my first ride in a couple weeks. It was great to be back up there. Hopefully tomorrow morning has another ride in store for me.



1 comment:

Melanie said...

He's Gorgeous!