Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm Sad

Kaisara & I found out this weekend that Lucky's gonna die relatively soon. His kidneys are failing. We're giving him sub-q fluids & have changed his food. And he's obviously got the best vet there is. We're keeping his as comfortable as we can for as long as we feel we should. He's not suffering. We'd never allow that. Bummer, though.

I often wonder why God allows us to love our pets so much but he doesn't allow them to live longer than they do. I'm not questioning Him. He's a loving, just God & I trust Him. He's got the big picture, I don't. I just wonder.

You can pray for him (& us) if you think of us. I'm sad.

5 comments:

Cat said...

Oh honey I am so sorry- Please know I am thinking of you both and Give Lucky a scratch behind the ears for me.

:(

melissa said...

Lucky is such a sweet dog! We'll be praying for the upcoming days to be peaceful for all. :)

Nick said...

Man, Kate - what a bummer. I will be praying for peace for you guys coming up. That stuff sure comes on fast, doesn't it.

One of the saddest days of my life was when we had to put down my dog Valentine (I had her for 15 years, from 1st grade through college). Fortunately, I too had THE best vet there is, and she was so wonderful through the whole thing, cried with me and was really there to be supportive. She was AWESOME. I can't imagine what it would have been like with some other impersonal situation. Since it was Jennifer, though, I had the strength to be in the room, and I am so glad that I was, no matter how hard it was.

Thank God for your sister!

Flame Lilly said...

oh, Dear Cate....I'm so sorry to hear that!! Doggies offer such amazing unconditional love...we could learn a thing or 2 from them! I;m glad that you have the BEST vet in the business! I don't know if this would work for a dog, but when our cat was given a few months to live due to his kidneys, my mom, being the homeopath, researched it and found that parsley water helped. Just boil some water and pour over fresh parsley. Wait till it's cooled down and green, then use a syringe and pour down their throat. Our cat ended up living another 8 years on 1/4 of a kidney. It shocked the vet! He died at the age of 18!
You're in our thoughts and prayers!

Melanie said...

I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.