Monday, July 24, 2006

Weekend Update

Here's the latest. Lucky's blood test numbers continue to improve. YEAH! We're still giving him sub-q fluids a few times a day & a pill 3 times a day. The fluids he doesn't like due to the needle. The pills he doesn't mind due to the peanut butter :-) Now we just gotta get him eating more.

The trailblazer repairs will be covered by our insurance. $250 deductible for the carport incident & $100 deductible for the windshield incident. Neither claim will affect our premiums. Praise the LORD!

Kaisara is so handy that he was able to replace the starter in the Jeep. Rather thant a couple hundred for someone else to do it, we got the port for less than $100 & $20 for the socket set he needed for the removal & installation. Goodness! My man's the BEST!

Kaisara's cold is mostly gone. I don't feel any of that funk coming on so that's awesome. My cold sore is starting to retreat & that's good since it hurts to smile. Yes, I'm smiling more these last couple days.

Thanks everyone for your prayers, words of encouragement, & support. It all made a difference. Even in the midst of the horrible, no-good, very bad week, I realized that I'm still truly blessed & that entire week is still far better than some peoples best days. God is good.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Yay! I'm glad the brunt attack of everything at once has slowed down.

We love ya, and can't wait to see you soon!

Melanie said...

Wow, good, looks like everything is looking up. :)

Moe said...

I just dropped by to see how you guys are doing. I am so sad to hear about Lucky. We are praying for him and for you guys. Hope things look up for you guys soon. The Askew family can use some prayer too. Check out our website for everyhting we have going on.