Wednesday, July 05, 2006

More to Follow

I'm working split shifts most of this week so I don't have much time. In no particular order, here are a few highlights of our Canada trip:

1. It doesn't get dark until 11 at night. Not really sure what time the sun rises but it shot through the curtain of our hotel room like a laser by 5:30 am each morning.

2. Daryl leaving his wallet (therefore birth certificate & drivers license) on the plane in Denver. We didn't know if he'd be let in the country. Once we got him in we didn't know if we'd be able to get him out.

3. The guy at the car rental desk with an accent sounding a great deal like Kermit D. Frog.

4. Manitoba is flat, people. Crazy flat. You can see forever.

5. Mennonite women ALL wear sensible shoes & definitely don't have pink hair.

6. Kyle & Lydia's wedding was wonderful. I can't wait to spend more time with them.

7. The Mack's are AWESOME people. I wanna be like them when I grow up.

8. Who knew that our hotel in Winkler would have a great water slide? Much fun was had. Went down it so many times, so fast that I made myself woosy.

9. Three solid days with my man & great friends. Pretty much exactly what I needed coming off of a 60+ hour work week.

I'll post more later including photos. It's good to be home.

2 comments:

melissa said...

I've never been to Manitoba, never even had a desire to go there. But hearing how much fun you had, I guess it's best visited with a group of friends.

You ever want to visit Alberta, I'd be happy to show you my favorite spots. :)

Michael J. Farrand said...

Some guys should work "The Mennonite Angle".