Sunday, November 26, 2006

I Fondue. Do you?

We threw Daryl a 30th birthday party tonight. It was fun. I love throwing parties for people. That was the idea behind my "Food Survey" post. I offered Daryl any meal he wanted for his birthday but he needed to decide. He didn't. He said having an blank slate made it too hard. So I finally decided for him.

I decided on "Food on a Stick". Which thankfully Daryl really seemed to enjoy. I served fruit skewers & meatballs (no, not on the same stick) for appetizers & a build your own kabob with bar pita bread wedges on a stick for the main course. I left the pitas in the over too long so they were like pita chips but they still tasted okay with the dill sauce I made.

For dessert we had fondue. That's more work than I thought it would be. Apparently if you double a chocolate fondue recipe it more than quadruples the cooking time. I also made a marshmallow cream fondue. Tasty. Now that I've fondued, I'll be a little better at gauging how much time I need. Regardless, it was tasty. More importantly the food & company was enjoyed by all. (Not to mention a game of pictionary with minimal mocking).

Happy Birthday Daryl! I hope you know you're loved by many.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Choc fondue is great, but raclette is even better! Did you ever try that as a party dinner? It is great fun and a superb conversation starter (if anyone ever needed that).