Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Is My Job Great or What!

Here are some photos of my Earthworm for James & the Giant Peach. The show closes this weekend so I'm glad I finally remembered my camera to capture it on Tom. It's just not the same on a dress form.


















You can see that the designer made several changes from her rendering to the final product but I still think it's fantastic. Angela always has great designs for the children's shows. But that's not pre-quilted & ribboned fabric my friends. No, no, no. That's shiny, salmon spandex quilted onto muslin over various levels of batting. Yes I made a sleeping bag. Poor Tom is going to die of dehydration after wearing this thing for 3 weeks. He's a great sport though.

Here's a photo of Di as the spider. I made her costume too.
Tom & Di are significant others & their baby's due in Febuary. I'm going to make a baby worm hat out of left over pieces from Tom's costume. They're gonna love it.

Sorry for the brag session but I'm really pleased with these ones.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Kate these are awesome! You did such a great job on them. How perfect that she's pregnant. She looks so spider like.

melissa said...

I love it, they're great costumes. I really like the salmon color.

So what's on tap for you to make next?