Friday, April 06, 2007

I'm Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Many of you know this but others don't so I figured I'd keep you all informed. I know you're all waiting with baited breath to hear of my goings-ons.

I'm leaving for Chicago tomorrow with my Dad. Just him & me. We're flying to Chicago to visit his buddy, Tony, from Vietnam. We'll be staying at Tony's house for a few days, including Easter dinner with his large Italian family. I'm so very much looking forward to eating a delicious meal with a family of 25+ people. I'm sure there'll be people watching & food galore. I'm also looking forward to seeing Julia. I let her know that I'd be in the area (albeit an hour from her place) and we're going to get together sometime on Monday. I've never been to Illinois. I'm looking forward to it, even if tomorrow's forcast is something crazy like 28 degrees.

After a few day in Chicago we set off driving to Des Moines, Iowa to visit my Dad's sister, Neva, & other family members. My sister, Dad & I were in Des Moines in 1984 to bury my great-grandmother but I'm looking forward to seeing it & my relatives as an adult. We'll fly home from Des Moines on Monday, April 16th.

I'm really looking forward to this trip though I'm already feeling those excited/nervous jitters before any trip. I'll try to post while I'm gone but who knows what sort of connection/computer I'll have access to.

See you soon.

1 comment:

melissa said...

I've always wanted to go to chicago. If you can, have some deep dish pizza for me.

And have a safe trip with your day. I hope you can take some pictures.