Sunday, September 04, 2005

I Made It!

Well as of Thursday, September 1st, Pageant is over. I'm like a real person again. Able to do laundry, go grocery shopping, see my hubby for more than one hour at a time, have a bbq with family, brush my dogs. Wow! Pageant's great & all but I sure end up missing the everyday tasks & events of life. The two-month run was long but great. Here are a few highlights:

1. I cut & made a lot of the great looking costumes for this year's show.
2. Made several new friends in my crew of volunteers. Most of which are planning on returning next year.
3. One rude & grouchy cast member quit "because of the wardrobe department". Good riddance.
4. A cast member called me a Christian in a conversation & I don't remember ever telling her that I am, she just knew.
5. Discovered numerous other Christians (volunteers & staff) there. It's so much better when you know you're not out there on your own.
6. I realized Coby Bryant isn't as tall as I thought he was but his wife sure is tiny.
7. Met, dressed & chatted with a really nice Ms. Hatcher & her daughter.
8. My volunteers pitched in & gave me a gift certificate for a massage as a closing gift. Combining that with Kaisara's birthday gift I'm gonna be one relaxed girl!
9. Did about 6 loads of laundry a night that weren't my own. It's a glamorous job ain't it?
10. Realized I have got to do a better job next year at not totally disappearing from family & the rest of the world other than Pageant. Life's too short. I miss out on far too much.

No comments: