Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Almost Famous


So this year's Mistress of Ceremonies for the gala at work is a certain Housewife on T.V. When she accepted the gig earlier in the year she asked if her & her daughter could be in the show one night. Last night was the night. Her & her daughter were there & in a piece & "Entertainment Tonight" was there to film it all. The piece on ET aired early this evening so I didn't see it as I was working (did anyone TIVO it by any chance?).

She had requested a separate dressing room (which was totally smart because my little pre-teens woulda' mobbed her) & I got to dress her. Not only did I get to chat with her, lace her up in a corset & dress her but she wore a dress I made! So I'm like almost famous now right?! MY DRESS WAS ON NATIONAL TELEVISION!!!!! She was SUPER nice, totally nervous & her daughter was very polite. What a neat experience to find out that a super star is a neat person &, like the rest of us, puts her tights on one leg at a time. I know, I was there!

1 comment:

Coco said...

Wow Cate!! You're not Almost famous...you ARE FAMOUS! I Know famous Cate. I hope somone tivo'd it b/c I want to see the dress you made. You're so cool, and not because you dressed a Housewife but because your talented, beautiful, humble (a little too humble sometimes if you ask me), and kind.

love you!