Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My Table Is Better Than Yours!


My Dad's been building a patio table for Kaisara & I for over a year now. It's actually been finished for a couple months but we had to borrow a truck to get from Dad's garage to our patio. Beautiful isn't it? The base is polished stainless steel, the table top & seats are red wood. He didn't put a seat on one of the ends so that my sis can pull up to it in her wheelchair. He thinks of everything!





He turned the removable lamp that plugs directly into the top on his lathe. It's crazy heavy. It's made from brass, copper &, of course, stainless steal.



He had his good friend & carpenter, Jay Shanor, make a gorgeous storage box for the lamp when it's not in the table. Daddy even put adjustable Teflon feel on the bottom of the legs so it sits level on our slanted patio slab. GENIUS!

My Dad is so talented. I envy the patience he has when working on a project. He is very meticulous & detailed. If I'm not finished with a project within a few weeks, MAYBE months, it's never gettin' done, friends!

Though you'll never even see this blog: thank you Daddy from the bottom of my heart! I will cherish this beautiful table always!

4 comments:

Cat said...

WOW! Beautiful work Dad! So when is the BBQ to enjoy said table? ;)

Melanie said...

I love how parents teach patience without even trying to. That is a beautiful piece you've added to your home.

ashley said...

that table's great!! hooray for talented carpenter dads!! so when do we all get to test it out?? hehe

Flame Lilly said...

WOW! What a talented family the Price's are!!! Cate...i beg to differ about your patience for projects! I would never have finished my mom's coat without your patience and help!!!!!
Enjoy your table...maybe next Sew What we can use it for refreshments!!!!!!