Monday, June 26, 2006

Okay, That Was Hard

Perhaps my from couch to 5K program will take a little longer than the prescribed 8 weeks. That's okay since I gave myself 10, from week one of training to race day.

Today was the start of week 2. 90 seconds jogging, 2 minutes walking, repeat for 20 minutes. I barely made it. But I made it! Go me! Not that I could have improved very much just from week 1 (remember each week is only 3 runs) but today I didn't check my time at each jogging interval until it would have been over last week. That's cool since last week I was checking it 30 seconds into my 60 jog. Sad.

I've got to get some good shoes though. My ancient, broken down cross trainer Nike's aren't doing my shins & knees any favors. I plan on going to Snail's Pace for shoes. I know a couple people who buy their running shoes they & they're always very pleased. They have you run up & down in front of the store while they're watching you. How you carry your body, do you pronate your feet, etc. Then they give you a shoes that's right for you. WAY less chance of injury.

2 comments:

Flame Lilly said...

Go YOU is right! I'm so proud of you Cate! Keep up the good work! I still want to do the race, but will have to wait a bit until I sign up! Will keep you posted!

Kat said...

Snail's pace is a cool store. I went there when I was training for my marathon. Kick butt sassy pants!!