Sunday, June 18, 2006

That's Not Fun

I decided I want to try to run as much of the Race for a Cure as I can. I found a training program online called "Couch to 5K Running Plan". Yeah, that's me. It's takes 2 months. Kaisara & I started the first week tonight. After a 5 minute warm-up walk, for 20 minutes you alternate 60 seconds of jogging with 90 seaconds of walking. It sucked. Running's not fun. It's horrible! What's gonna be awesome is when I'm at the end of the Race for the Cure, I'll look back at my sad little week one & realize how much progress I've made! Yeah!

By the way, go here to join my team or here to donate to help me reach my goal.

5 comments:

Cyn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cyn said...

when you register... it asks for the team number, where can i find this? does everyone on the team have a different $ goal? also what time are you running at? Thanks. If you want you can email me at BUsoftball16@msn.com and thanks for posting that link couch to 5K Running Plan. I will start tonight.

Cate said...

The team number is 3550.

As far as fundraising goals, everyone can set their own. I'd like each team member to raise at least $100. $100 is the cost of 1 mammogram so I thought it's a nice obtainable goal with a real meaning.

I'm going to do the 9:40 coed walk but am gonna try to jog most of it. Go at what ever pace you'd like!

Thanks for joinging!

melissa said...

I'm right there with you, it wasn't fun at all. Last night we went out for a walk/run. Geoff says we covered 2 miles, but I didn't run all that much. I was pooped.

It's gonna get easier right?

Cate said...

Kaisara told me it won't get easier because as we get better, the training get more challenging. How encouraging :-p