Sunday, September 03, 2006

...And Scene.

Pageant's over. For me, it's over for good. Some of you know that I gave my notice earlier in the month to my supervisor that this would be my last season. There are several reasons but the biggest one is the time it takes away from my life.

There's the two months of 7 nights a week. Big drag but there's fun to be had. There's lots of great people there in the summer. The problem is the two months of every night is following almost three months of lots of over time. Don't get me wrong, the time and a half & even double time is great for the bank account. It's not good, however, for me personally. I've missed many a wedding, baby/bridal showers, parties, barbecues, out of town & out of country family these past 4 years. Not to mention not seeing my amazing husband on a regular basis for almost half of a year. I'll never be able to get all that back. With no sign of things to change, I figured I'd be the one that has to make the change. With that comes a smaller paycheck & even no paycheck at times, as freelancing has no guarantees. It's all worth it & my LORD will provide.

This season SCR has lots of work for me so that's good. It love it there & always learn alot. Our first show opens this Friday. Kaisara & I will be in Colorado so we'll have to see it the following week (you gotta love comp. tickets).

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me (& kicked my butt when needed) throughout my Pageant career. My time there was an experience worth having & time was not wasted. Thank you.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

I love to read your blog. I'm glad you made a good for you decision. :)

Dani said...

Awesome! I'm so glad that you are wiggling your way into SCR's heart. They better be good to you if they know what's good for them! Have a great time in CO!

Flame Lilly said...

Way to go Cate!!! You deserve time with your hubby!

Cat said...

Congratualtions my friend! I am very proud of you! I know how hard you work and how hard the decision has been, but your strength is one of your most beautiful attributes-

Way to go friend!

C