Saturday, January 19, 2008




Most of my in-town readers know about this but I thought I'd let the rest of you know what I'm up to. I am building a runway fashion show gown for this, what should be , really neat event. It started over a year ago as a home school project but has grown into a full fledged multi media event.







I am working with a great girl who designed a dress inspired by Georgia O'Keefe's 1930 painting "Black Hollyhock Blue Larkspur" as well as O'Keefe herself. I've given some input to the design but it's mostly Dana's & I'm building it. Our gown is going to be AWESOME. I keep telling Dana that we're going to win and it's not even a competition.

This event is being supported by the Grove Center for the Arts & Media which is an amazing organization with a mission close to my heart. I'm supporting this event by donating my time to build this gown as a way to support the Grove. I'd love it if anyone who's available could attend. I know that it's a little pricey for an event that you'd normally not attend but it'd mean alot to me if you could make it.

And yes, I'll post pictures once I have them.

No comments: