Friday, January 25, 2008

This is 2

I'm generally a very hearty person. I'm usually sick once a year MAYBE twice but that's not my m.o. Here it is not even the end of January & I've been sick since Tuesday. Thank goodness it's nothing related to the horrific stomach flu I had at the beginning of the month but this is horrible.

Started out Monday evening with a weight on my chest. By Tuesday morning I knew I had something but had to go into work due to fittings. By the end of my fittings I sounded like Froggy from "Our Gang". I could barely get up the stairs to leave work half an hour early. I seriously didn't know how I was going to get to the car. Ended up spiking a 103.5 fever that sent me to the walk-in. The dude gave me cough syrup. Thanks man but that's not gonna due the trick. Problem is I'm allergic to cold medicine so that's all he could give me that I wouldn't react to. At least it's got a little codeine in it so it knocks me out & I'm unaware of how miserable I am.

I'm on the mend. I don't feel as much like someone used me as a kicking bag. I guess that's good. The weight's still on my chest & my ribs kill when I cough. The rest of '08 had better show nicer things for me than January has.

4 comments:

melissa said...

Oh Cate, I feel for you. Please get well soon.

Before I headed to D.C., I started taking that Airbourne (tastes awful!). Heard good things about it from everyone, saying the Vitamin C kick it gives you will fight colds before you get them. And I didn't want to chance catching something new in D.C. when i had just finished getting over my cold. Maybe it's worth buying some next time you feel that weight on your chest, and stop it before it starts.

Cate said...

For the past few years I've taken a multi-vitamin & an extra vitamin C EVERY MORNING!!! aaahhhhh!

Coco said...

Oh you poor thing!!! You are such a trooper!

Flame Lilly said...

Oh,I hope you feel better SOON!!