Thursday, January 03, 2008

Happy New? Blaaahhh!

Not what I pictured for my evening of January 1st 2008. Warning...some yucky stuff to follow.

Kaisara & I went to bed at 11:30. 15 minutes later, Kaisara's snoring away. Clearly I won't be sleeping soon. It's way to noisy & I'm not sleepy. I get up to go to the couch. I wake up at 2am having to, well, you know. It comes to my attention that while sittin' on pot, I'm glad there's a trash can to my right for me to sit on my lap. That was my life from 2am to 7:30am. Sitting on the pot with a trash can in my lap. I HATE barfing! I haven't barfed in 15 years! Literally.

Anyway, Kaisara took me to the E.R. for fluids (because clearly I was dehydrated from the last 5 1/2 hours). I'm so thankful that there wasn't any wait. We were the only ones there. The started me on fluids, took a bunch of blood & a CT scan. Not related to any of this but it turns out I've got a gallstone.

We headed home after almost 2 bags of fluids (my pulse was up to 108 due to dehydration when they admitted me & down to 75 when they discharged me) and all the other tests turned out fine. I went straight to bed & slept for hours. Thought I'd be at work today. Then in the early evening realized I had a fever. 101.5. YIKES! That took it out of me. Apparently normal after a wicked case of stomach flu.

I slept pretty much all of today. In between naps I emptied half of the dishwasher, the exertion of which warranted a nap. I took in an episode of Sesame Street. Needed another nap.

So that's been my 2008 so far. How's yours been?

4 comments:

Coco said...

OH NO!!!! So sorry that happened Cate :( you poor thing! What is going to happen with the gallstone? Keep us updated! booooooo 2008 so far.

Melanie said...

Oh poor Cate!

melissa said...

Holy Moses! I'm glad you are okay, and we'll pray for the flu to go away quickly.

I've had a cold for a week now, so yeah 2008 hasn't been as great as I hoped either.

Flame Lilly said...

WOW!! What a way to start the new year! I was sick over the WHOLE holiday! But, just a sinus/cold thanks goodness! Nice way to spend my amazing 11 day holiday! But, I'm better now, so 2008 has been fine so far!!! All the best to you my dear! GET BETTER SOON!!!