Monday, March 20, 2006

Cloud Peeping

Did anyone else in Southern California notice the AMAZING clouds this weekend? They were gorgeous! I had to be up & about at o-dark-hundred to drop Kaisara & Dana off at Daryl's Saturday morning. On the way home, the sun was starting to rise.

Let's all just stop right there for a moment & recognize that I was up, awake & functing enough to operate a vehicle before the sun was up. But I digress...

Anyway, as I was driving back home, & let's face it, back to bed, I could see the faintest outline of the clouds. That was so cool. It makes perfect sense, but I guess it never occurred to me that clouds are in the sky when it's dark. It was a very cool thing to see while driving southeast. The faintest outline of storm clouds getting more & more defined as the minutes went by.

On Sunday afternoon I headed back up to Daryl's to pick up my little muscians. The sky was so bright blue & the clouds huge and puffy. I was captivated by them. So beautiful. I've never been big on staring at clouds for shapes but yesterday shapes were just staring at me. First I saw a whale, then a turkey, next a teddy bear doing the backstroke then two teddy bears holding hands on their bellies. Like when parachuters are free falling before pulling their chutes open, laying on their bellies & grasping each others' hands. By the time I was finished looking at that one I noticed my turkey had changed. Gone forever. It was there just long enough for me to notice it & thank my Creator for the beauty of clouds.

On the way home I pointed out a hawk's head to Kaisara. What a great little thing to add to a regular ol' weekend!

1 comment:

Cat said...

Cate-

You are such an source of wonder for me- you help me to see the beauty in the world!

Thank you-

Love ya!