Thursday, March 09, 2006

Tea for Two

My beloved Cat is turning a milestone birthday on Monday. To celebrate with her, I'm taking her to The Huntington for tea. She and Dani treated me to tea there to celebrate my 30th birthday a 1 1/2 years ago. It was lovely. Each person gets their own pot of tea so you each can have your own flavor. Fresh baked scones & jam served at your table & the tea sandwiches, fruit & desserts are all on a buffet in the center of the room. SOOOOO delicious.

When we were there last, the gardens were closing so we only were able to walk around a little. I hear that it's supposed to rain on Saturday so we still may not see much.

Dani will be missed since she moved up to "silly ole' Washington". We three have celebrated our birthdays together for the last couple years. They're so great. They love me. I love them. Nice when that works out, huh? Dani's was the last birthday celebrated together. I guess that's appropriate since she's the one who moved away (stupid Washington). Guess Cat & I will just have to eat her share!

I'm really looking forward to Saturday. I've been bragging to my coworkers about it for a couple weeks now. I don't get to see Cat nearly enough & a good tea never hurts a milestone birthday. See you soon friend!

P.S.: Cat this is the most recent picture I have of the both of us & it's 2 years old. Something must be done.

2 comments:

Dani said...

Yes, Washington IS stupid. But I will be with you at the Huntington in spirit. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to all and to all a good night.

Cat said...

Clearly something must be done!:) Thank you for being such an awsome person- I am so blessed to have a friend like you. I love you.