Monday, March 13, 2006

Happy Birthday, Friend!

Today is Cat's birthday. The big 3-0. She's handling it well. I guess it doesn't hurt that we, her friends & family gave her a killer day on Saturday.

I picked her up to go to tea at The Huntington but not before secretly dropping Kaisara off at the Starbucks down the road. While Cat & I were en route to Pasadena, Kaisara's picked up by Cat's friend Shera to go to the house to start decorating for the party with Randy, Cat's hubby.

While getting on the freeway Cat & I are SNOWED upon! Yes, IT SNOWED IN FONTANA!!! That's just freakish. We had a lovely tea at the Huntington (though, I'm totally bummed I did have to rush it due to the other planned events). I handed Cat her "mission" (she's a huge "Alias" fan) that Dani planned & wrote, & sent her to the restroom with her disguise. She comes out & the host of the tea room hands her a HUGE Gerber daisy with her first clue of her mission.

So we drove all over downtown Pasadena picking up clues & running into friends all the while people are arriving at her house for the party. We get to the house & she's in total shock to see her home filled with family, friends, & co-workers. She screamed/cried for minutes. It was AWESOME!

Cat, I hope you enjoyed your day. In the words of my sister, "You've gotta be someone pretty special to have people from 3 different states come to your birthday party!"

I love you friend!

1 comment:

Cat said...

I love you too friend! Thank you for being one of the best friends EVER!!!