Monday, April 24, 2006

The Magic of Safety Pins

Here's what I came up with for my group photo for work. I didn't want to be in all blace. Dee, the director, wanted some jewel tones amonst the group so I thought this would work. The dress is from Ursula's wedding & the fabric I was given for free last year & I had it in a bin. The ties are sewn but the drape is all safety pinned since I didn't have time to sew it.

Too bad it didn't show up in the picture. They had me sitting behind a table. Oh well. Maybe I'll sew it for real & keep it for my next formal emergency.

3 comments:

melissa said...

Very swanky. Were you able to find the cigarette holder?

Cate said...

no. woulda been cool though. i did, however, happen to find the time to paint my nails bright red & spill it all over the carpet & sofa in the process. fun, huh?!

Coco said...

oooh! Great job creative friend. Maybe I should throw a gala, I want to see you in that dress!!

I hate painting my nails, I ALWAYS manage to spill on stuff AND paint all over my toes and fingers!